Welcome to my Blog:

In my professional career I am a bookkeeper, I work full time and I am a part time student at Walsh College. I am married with 3 beautiful daughters, 1 married, 1 bought her own home, and 1 still home. I also have a pair of Pembroke Welsh Corgi’s, my females name is Babe and her husbands name is Lightning. (shhh) they think they are my children. I guess because I treat them as if they are. LOL….. In my journey through mother hood I have been patiently waiting for grandbabies, so in the mean time I have 3 Grand-dogs and 3 Grand-cats. But I think we may be experiencing Great Grand-Puppies…

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Is it Spring?

This weather is just crazy!  I try to monitor the time that my pets are outside especially in the cold. but Ive been starting to think Spring and pet safety. I moved last year to a new house and I am looking at a few new places to walk the dogs and get some well needed exercise. I came accross this web site on pet safety: http://yhoo.it/xDNN81 I found many tips to be well deserved not only for your pet but for you too! 
Check it out and have a safe spring!

4 comments:

  1. I agree that this weather has been crazy; I like it when there's a real feel of all four seasons :).
    Anyway talking about pet walking, what do you do with them in the winter? Do yo go walking with them outside? I know, probably novice question, but I haven't had any pets in 12 years (allergies) and even when I did, it was in a much warmer climate and we had a huge yard where they roamed all day. It must be hard to have to go on a walk in the dead of winter, No?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we walk outside, weather permitting. I live in an older sub, we have 4 long streets and 2 shorter ones that connect the ends, its like a large rectangle. We walk as much as we can but usually at a slow to medium pace. My dogs are not as young and my female is Diabetic, so depending on the weather and how she is feeling determines how much we walk... Thanks for responding!

      Delete
  2. I have two ACTIVE Labs,, as you know medium sized dogs that enjoy there walks. 10-15 minute walk around the block for them and it makes there day. In the winter you just have to bundle up, and I enjoy leaving the cell phone at home, and it actually quite relaxing to go out side for a walk with the pups and get away from technology for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, when I walk the dogs I leave all technology at home. That is quiet time for me! I bundle up and off we go. If it is too cold I just make the outing a little shorter. The dogs and I seem to sleep better that night! I especially like to walk in a gentle snow, very peaceful!

      Delete