Welcome to my Blog:

In my professional career I am a bookkeeper, I work full time and I am a part time student at Walsh College. I am married with 3 beautiful daughters, 1 married, 1 bought her own home, and 1 still home. I also have a pair of Pembroke Welsh Corgi’s, my females name is Babe and her husbands name is Lightning. (shhh) they think they are my children. I guess because I treat them as if they are. LOL….. In my journey through mother hood I have been patiently waiting for grandbabies, so in the mean time I have 3 Grand-dogs and 3 Grand-cats. But I think we may be experiencing Great Grand-Puppies…

Monday, February 27, 2012

Saturday Doctor Visits

Saturday was the day to take the corgi's to the vet for check ups and blood work. Babe the oldest and the Alpha dog has Diabetes. She was diagnosed last October, and we have been treating her with injections of insulin twice a day. Her days of doggie cookies are limited, now that her diet is restricted. the Dr's have suggested plenty of fruits and vegtables to be added to her diet which we have and now we have positive progress. We are still waiting on the blood results to come in (they sent them out) that way we will know if we need to adjust her medication, but things are starting to look good, and shes a lot healthier. Since October she has managed to lose 11lbs 2 ozs. For a little dog that is alot. That was 1/4 of her weight in a very short time. 

Lightning has alergies in his eyes and eye drops are now on his list of to dos. He also has had blood work to check for diabetes. With having so many pets in the family, I have found that Wilson's Vet hospital on Van Dyke in Romeo has an excelent team of doctors.  They have an emergency clinic on the south side of the building, and the north side of the building is the regular clinic for people who have appointments. If interested in checking them out follow this link: http://wilsonvethospital.com/. It might be a little bit of a ride, but it might be worth the ride.

1 comment:

  1. Vickie,

    I feel your pain about having a sick pet. My bird is 18 years old and we have had him since he was 6 weeks old. Last year he got an upper respitory infection and we had to give him treatment 3 times a day for a couple weeks. It is funny how much you love your pets. Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete